LRSO 2012-2013 Concerto Competition
The LRSO is pleased to announce its Fourth Annual Concerto Competition and scholarship program for young New Hampshire performing artists.
The winner will perform with the
Orchestra at the November 2013 concert and will receive a $300 cash prize. Second and Third Place winners
will receive $200 and $100 cash prizes respectively.
- The competition is open to high school students in grades 9-11 who play an orchestral instrument, including piano.
- The student must select and record a fast movement of a concerto from the standard orchestral repertoire.
- Application deadline is March 1, 2013.
- Deadline for submitting audition recordings (mailed CD, Emailed .mp3 or linked .mp3) is March 15, 2013.
- Winners from the first round will be invited to the live auditions to be held in mid-to-late April.
- The winner will be announced by the first week in May.
- The winning soloist will be expected to attend rehearsals on Monday evenings in late October/ early November in preparation for the concert.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not expect auditions to be perfect. We will be assessing your overall abilities and are not looking for a polished performance. If you are selected as the winner of the competition this Spring, you will not be performing until November.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Conductor and Music Director, Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra
2012-2013 Application Form
2012-2013 Media Release Form
2012-2013 POSTER for Band and Orchestra directors